28th SGIFF: In Conversation | Koji Yakusho
A celebrated figure in world cinema, Koji Yakusho has made his mark in both arthouse and commercial realms, steadily rising from Japanese success to international recognition. Whether playing a white-collar worker, a burnt-out detective, a powerful samurai leader or father to a rebellious teenager, Yakusho's natural screen presence is as commanding as it can be heartwarming to audiences and critics alike. In this celebration of his work as a cinema legend, we get up close and personal with the star and find out what drives him to continue reinventing himself in his diverse filmography up till today.
Koji Yakusho is an award-winning actor from Isahaya city, Nagasaki prefecture in Japan. A longstanding legend in Japanese cinema and well-known internationally for his roles in Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) and Babel (2006), Yakusho originally got a break-through on the NHK series Tokugawa Ieyasu (1983). He enjoyed critical acclaim for his role in Shall We Dance? (1996) and The Eel (1997), which won the Palme D’Or at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival. Most recently, he starred in Hirokazu Kore-eda’s The Third Murder, selected for the 2017 Venice Film Festival Competition, and had a special appearance in Oh Lucy!, directed by first-timer Atsuko Hirayanagi, selected for 2017 Cannes Critic’s Week.
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 2nd December 2017, 4:30pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit cardcut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full Offscreen Events: sgiff2017.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / firstname.lastname@example.org
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM SGT
- ArtScience Museum, Expression Gallery, Level 4
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 6 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018974 Singapore